Thursday 3 March 2011

Fat Thursday

After the break on Tuesday I would normally have my run yesterday but as yesterday I had my encounter with Free movement of goods, I had a long run today morning.
When I thought about it yesterday I planned for today a long run, but after difficult beginnings I thought that I'll have to finish earlier. The worst were my calfs - they hurt almost as if they were on fire. Surprisingly it really help when I tried to straighten up, every time I tried to imagine that "I've just swallowed a stick" I felt that not only it was easier to breathe but also the pain in calf and hips was subsiding. I must work on it.
I run to Jaroslawieckie Lake and than I tried to run around it but the path on the other side was so uncomfortable that after reaching the end of the lake I decided to return the same way I came there.


In result I did a bit over 20 km - I guess that I'm quite ready for a half marathon. As it is today Tłusty Czwartek (Fat Thursday - the last Thursday of carnival when everyone in Poland eats traditional donuts called here "pączki", when I saw that I burned over 2300 calories I allowed myself a moment of weakness and had one myself - after all even if it has some 300 I still burned 2000 more :)
Hopefully I'll do a short relaxing training tomorrow and another long run on Saturday.

I'll go than somewhere beautiful so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment