Monday 7 March 2011

Something went wrong

I decided to start week with a brisk run on a well known route to Jaroslawieckie Lake. I think that with 18 km more or less equally divided between asphalt and dirt road it may be a good route for preparing to a halfmarathon.

Running felt really good, at 6 min, 9 sec per km the it was almost certainly my fastest long run this year. Slowly I'm feeling advantage of loosing weight - I felt back, long forgotten springiness in my step, there was still quite a lot of snow and the ground was slippery but one could feel that spring is almost here :)

I arrived home rather pleased with myself and starving. But after some 45 minutes right in a middle of proofreading translation of a very complex contract I begun to feel really bad, my stomach seemed to have a life of its own while at the same time I felt completely weak and sick. The deadline was short and soon so I couldn't stop working but believe me - fast 9 km back was a piece of cake in comparison with the last 900 words!

I have no idea what cause the problem - my main ideas are
- dehydration - I drunk a lot before going out and after I came back but after all it was 1h 50 min of a fast run with nothing to drink on the way,
- overheating
- bad choice of food after returning home.

Anyway I recovered only after taking almost 1h nap.

Btw. I keep doing press-ups. Now when it is not so cold outside doing a series of press-ups is a great excuse for a short break in work and a breathe of fresh air on a balcony :) Soon I should be able to do series of 20 press-ups - quite a progress when I was beginning I found it very difficult to make 10 in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment