Monday 21 March 2011

Spring after a shopping spree

A few days ago I made a trip to my local Decathlon and bought 2l camel back, running shorts and a container of isotonic. Today I took it all on a 20 km long slow, relaxed run. It's still cold but one can feel spring in the air. Some fields are covered with fresh green cereal - it 's so cheerful.


I even had an encounter with a deer. She was so still that I almost missed her while running by.


I still have to get used to running with a camel back - probably it's also question of adjusting the straps. Still if I seriously want to run 2 summer marathons in mountains it's better to befriend the camel back now.

Btw. the shopping spree continues. Today morning I've ordered a Forerunner 305 from Amazon in place of the one which I lost and tonight I'll go to Decathlon to buy decent running shoes - after all the pains from the last 10k race I don't dare approach half marathon with my old ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment