Monday 7 March 2011

Summing up last week

My last training was on Saturday. The idea was to take a train to Steszew (east end of Wielkopolski National Park) and run west and north to areas closer to my home and than decide what I want to do - should it be running home or taking a train.


These are last weeks when I can benefit from the fact that Wielkopolski National Park is in form of two railways and it is possible to make a trip across it from station on one railway to a station on another one. In a week from now works begin on the eastern railway so it won't be possible for unpredictable period of time.

I hoped to make around 20 km, I've noticed that after such long runs I'm usually dizzy and this time I took with me water and something to eat (helped a lot). At first I took a route along the blue trail from Steszew along two oblong lakes: Witobelskie and Dymaczewskie.

Frozen lake Witobelskie

At first I was rather disappointed with the route as it led on asphalt but after some 2-3 km and reached a forest and from there on the trail led through a mixture of forested areas and snow covered fields.
At some point I even saw some deer :) Underneath the best picture I managed to take.


Some 15 km in my run I decided that I will be able to catch a train from Puszczykowo, so I had another stretch of trail which I didn't try earlier. Luckily it proved to be well marked and I managed to get to the train station just in time to get cold before the arrival of a train and trot long the platform to warm up when the train arrived on a completely different platform from the one I expected. I had no chance to catch it :(
At first I was really upset as it was cold, windy and I could not imagine running even a shortest distance but once I got a grasp on myself and adjusted to the idea it wasn't all that bad. This way I ended up running extra 6 km or so and totalling 25 km - my personal; best this year :) (TBH I had to walk a few sections).



Altogether last week (28.02-6.03) I run over 56 km, so I the goal for this week will be 60 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment